Admirals Club terms and conditions
Updated March 29, 2021
- By enrolling as a member in the American Airlines Admirals Club® (the “Admirals Club”) program or using any Admirals Club lounge, you affirmatively acknowledge and agree that these terms and conditions are a binding agreement between you and American Airlines (“American”). Accordingly, please review this agreement carefully.
- Use of any Admirals Club lounge is subject to all rules, terms and conditions set by American, including, without limitation, all policies set forth in these terms and conditions. AMERICAN RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY ANY OR ALL RULES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. SUCH MODIFICATIONS SHALL BE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY AND INCORPORATED INTO THIS AGREEMENT. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF ANY ADMIRALS CLUB LOUNGE OR YOUR ADMIRALS CLUB MEMBERSHIP SHALL BE DEEMED AN ACCEPTANCE THEREOF.
- American and the Admirals Club are not responsible for products or services separately offered by third parties and made available at any Admirals Club lounge or any airline lounge operated by another entity or airline with which American has a reciprocal access arrangement (each, a “Partner Lounge”).
- Membership is open to anyone eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- MEMBERSHIP FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND MEMBERSHIPS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE. Fees for new or annually renewed memberships are subject to change without notice.
- Membership shall expire on the date indicated at the end of the term when purchasing the membership.
- Membership includes access by either immediate family members (spouse or domestic partner and children under eighteen (18) years of age) or up to two (2) guests. Access by immediate family members or guests applies only when such individuals accompany the Member.
- American reserves the right to restrict, alter or modify at any time without notice and without compensation to Members: (i) fees, and amenities and services offered by Admirals Club lounges; and (ii) Admirals Club lounge hours or locations. Any such fees, amenities, services, and lounge hours may vary among locations. Rules and policies applicable to Partner Lounges are determined by the operating airline and must be observed when visiting such Partner Lounges.
- In connection with an annual membership purchase, a spouse or spousal equivalent / domestic partner may be added to your membership. You shall be required to certify the identity of, and certain other facts regarding, your spouse or spousal equivalent / domestic partner using a spouse / spousal equivalency certification made available by American when you enroll. If the membership of the primary member in a household is canceled, the spouse or spousal equivalent/domestic partner membership is canceled as well.
- You may request replacement of a lost or stolen membership card in person, at an Admirals Club location, or by calling Admirals Club. There may be a service charge for issuing a replacement card.
- Existing Admirals Club and US Airways Club® lifetime memberships will continue to be honored through Admirals Club, subject to these terms and conditions. LIFETIME MEMBERSHIPS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE, NON-TRANSFERRABLE AND EXPIRE UPON THE DEATH OF THE MEMBER.
- AMERICAN RESERVES THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE, DENY OR REVOKE ANY MEMBERSHIP OR MEMBERSHIP PRIVILEGES, INCLUDING ANY LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP OR LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP PRIVILEGES, FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT CAUSE, AND RETRIEVE MEMBERSHIP CARDS AT ANY TIME BY ADVISING THE MEMBER AND REFUNDING A PORTION OF ANY MEMBERSHIP FEES PREVIOUSLY RECEIVED BY AMERICAN OR ANY OF ITS PREDECESSORS IN PAYMENT FOR SUCH MEMBERSHIP, THE AMOUNT OF SUCH REFUND TO BE DETERMINED BY AMERICAN IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION.
Automatic renewal of your annual membership
Automatically renewed memberships paid for with a credit card online will automatically renew each year for additional one (1) year terms. Your credit card on file will be charged the applicable annual membership fee thirty (30) days prior to the expiration of your current membership period. However, if you sign up for the auto-renewal program within 60 days of your current membership expiring, your credit card will be charged one (1) day before your membership expires for the first year. To avoid incurring the renewal charge for an additional year’s membership, you must opt-out at least thirty-five (35) days prior to the end of your current membership term. Here's how:
Opt out online
- Log in to your Admiral Club account.
- Choose the ‘Opt out’ button at the bottom and follow the instructions.
Call us to opt out
- Call 800-237-7971, Monday – Friday between 7 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (CT).
- Tell the agent you want to opt out of automatic renewal.
You can cancel an automatically renewed membership and the membership fee that was charged for the new membership period may be refunded before or within the first seven (7) days of the new membership period provided that you have not visited an Admirals Club lounge or a Partner Lounge during the new membership period. Call 800-237-7971 Monday – Friday between 7 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (CT).
If you subsequently renew your membership online and select to enroll in an automatically renewed membership, your renewal will once again enroll you in the automatic renewal program for the following year unless you opt out again.
- As of November 1, 2019, a boarding pass for same-day travel on an eligible flight is required for entry. An "eligible flight" includes any departing or arriving flight that is (1) marketed or operated by American, (2) marketed and operated by any oneworld® carrier, or (3) marketed and operated by Alaska Airlines. The foregoing requirement is not applicable to existing Admirals Club Lifetime Members and their permitted guests. Existing Admirals Club Lifetime Members may continue to access the Admirals Club with same-day travel on any flight. New Admirals Club lifetime memberships are not available.
- Due to security restrictions, passport control locations, and lounge locations in certain airports, not all Admirals Clubs lounges or Partner Lounges may be accessed at the destination airport. A member must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and hold a same-day ticket for airline travel on an eligible flight that allows clearance through security and access to the Admirals Club lounge or Partner Lounge. Eligible customers must have access to the American terminal or concourse in order to use the club at that location. Gate passes will not be issued.
- Admirals Club members are required to present their valid membership card, AAdvantage® frequent flyer card, or AAdvantage® number, as well as their boarding pass for same-day travel on an eligible flight, and a government issued photo ID to a representative of American or the Admirals Club for admittance to any Admirals Club lounge or Partner Lounge.
- Eligible immediate family members or guests must present a boarding pass for same-day travel on an eligible flight as defined above.
- Failure to present the above may result in admission being denied. Further, American reserves the right upon any such failure of a member to present the requested documentation, at its discretion, to revoke membership privileges and confiscate membership cards. The membership card is the property of American and must be returned upon request.
- Admirals Club membership does not provide access to the Arrivals Lounge, International First Class Lounges, or Flagship® Lounge facilities, including Flagship® First Dining, or facilities of other airlines with which American may have reciprocal lounge or club access privileges.
- American reserves the right to terminate any membership or remove any member or visitor for inappropriate conduct, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive or violent, or for failing to comply with membership terms and conditions.
- American may confiscate expired membership cards or cards that are presented by someone other than a valid member.
- Airline, airport, and industry employees are not permitted access while in uniform (this includes employees of other airlines, private and corporate aircraft, and charter carriers).
- An Admirals Club One-Day Pass (“day pass”) is eligible for purchase and use by any American customer eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- Pass holder must have a same-day boarding pass for airline travel on an eligible flight that allows clearance through security for flight departure and access to the Admirals Club location. An “eligible flight” includes any departing or arriving flight that is (1) marketed or operated by American, (2) marketed and operated by any oneworld® carrier, or (3) marketed and operated by Alaska Airlines.
- Pass is valid for 1 day. If you are traveling through multiple cities with lounges, you may use the same day pass to access more than one lounge that day (if traveling overnight, day pass is also valid at the first point of arrival the following day). Admirals Club lounges located beyond passport control may not be accessible due to airport restrictions. Up to three (3) children under eighteen (18) years of age can be admitted for free at no additional cost, if accompanied by an adult day pass visitor. Each child must also have a boarding pass for same-day travel on an eligible flight as defined above.
- All persons must be of valid drinking age, based on applicable law, to consume alcohol.
- Day passes can be purchased at select locations and are based on lounge capacity.
- To access an Admirals Club lounge, a visitor must present the day pass or confirmation of a day pass purchase (email or AAdvantage wallet application), a boarding pass for same-day travel on an eligible flight, and valid government-issued I.D. to access a lounge. Failure to present this documentation may result in access being denied and forfeiture of the day pass.
- If the visitor becomes an Admirals Club member within thirty (30) days of use of the one-day pass, up to $50 of the purchase price of the day pass may be applied toward the visitor's annual membership initiation fee.
- Day pass is non-refundable, non-changeable, non-transferable, and valid only on date of visit. Day pass is only valid for use by the named pass-holder as printed on the day pass.
- Day passes are only valid at Admirals Club lounge locations. Passes are not valid for use at Arrivals Lounges, International First Class Lounges, Flagship® Lounge facilities including Flagship® First Dining or facilities of other airlines with which American may have reciprocal lounge or club access privileges.
- Due to security restrictions, passport control locations, and lounge locations in certain airports, not all lounges may be accessed at the destination airport.
- Not all American origin and destination locations have an Admirals Club lounge. Please be sure to check for information on our Admirals Club locations.
- American expressly reserves the right in its absolute discretion to discontinue the day pass program at any time or to refuse to sell a day pass to any specific customer and, if sold, to cancel a day pass, and deny any purchaser or visitor access to, or use of, any lounge. American will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by a purchaser or visitor resulting from such refusal, cancellation, or denial.
- American reserves the right to remove any purchaser or visitor from a lounge for inappropriate behavior or failure to adhere to lounge rules, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive or violent.
- American disclaims responsibility for articles lost or stolen in the lounge.
- Admirals Club lounge hours may vary by location and are subject to change, including holidays.
- Use of lounge facilities is subject to all rules and conditions set by American. American reserves the right to revise the rules at any time without notice.
- During your visit to an Admirals Club lounge, American requires that your attire and conduct are consistent with a professional environment.
- American asks that you maintain a quiet environment within each Admirals Club lounge and to step outside with any crying or disruptive children or guests.
- As a courtesy to other guests, please wear headphones when using personal devices such as MP3 players, video games, or DVD players, and refrain from using the speaker feature on any personal device, including cellular telephones.
- Smoking cigarettes, pipes or cigars (including electronic products), chewing tobacco, and the use of smokeless tobacco are prohibited inside Admirals Club lounges.
- American reserves the right to refuse to serve alcoholic beverages to any guest who appears to be intoxicated or is otherwise unruly.
- Complimentary food, alcoholic beverages and periodicals provided by Admirals Club are for consumption and use inside the Admirals Club only and may not be removed.
- Airport luggage carts are not permitted inside Admirals Club lounges.
- Carry-on pets are welcome in Admirals Club lounges, provided they remain in their kennels. Service animals are also permitted. Read our policy for traveling with carry-on pets and service animals, which apply to Admirals Clubs visits and are incorporated herein.
- Families with small children and nursing mothers may use family rooms in Admirals Club lounges, where available.
- Any conduct that is deemed by American to be inappropriate, undignified, disruptive, abusive or violent is prohibited, and American reserves the right to remove any member or visitor for such conduct, or for failing to comply with membership terms and conditions.
Use of information you provide American Airlines
While American takes reasonable steps to safeguard and prevent unauthorized access to your private information, American cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access, and American makes no warranty, express, implied, or otherwise, that it will prevent unauthorized access to your private information. IN NO EVENT SHALL AMERICAN OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES (WHETHER CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR OTHERWISE) ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH, A THIRD PARTY‘S UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED ON CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, TORT OR OTHER THEORIES OF LIABILITY, AND ALSO REGARDLESS OF WHETHER AMERICAN WAS GIVEN ACTUAL OR CONSTRUCTIVE NOTICE THAT DAMAGES WERE POSSIBLE.
- Admirals Club lounge space may not be used for solicitation or for the purpose of seeking to solicit airline, airport or industry employees.
- All persons must be of valid drinking age, based on applicable local laws, to consume alcohol within the premises of an Admirals Club lounge.
- American disclaims responsibility for articles lost or stolen in any Admirals Club lounge or any Partner Lounge.
- Admirals Club is operated by American from its offices in the United States. You agree to comply with all local, state, federal, and national laws, statutes, ordinances, and regulations that apply to your use of any Admirals Club lounge.
- American may, but is not required to, notify you with respect to Admirals Club by sending you an email message to your membership email address or a letter via postal mail to your membership mailing address. Notices shall become effective immediately.
- American reserves the right to take any and all steps American believes are reasonably necessary or appropriate to: (1) protect the safety of its guests; or (2) enforce and/or verify compliance with any part of this agreement. You agree that American has the right, without liability to you, to disclose any registration data and/or account information to law enforcement authorities, government officials, and/or third parties, as American believes is reasonably necessary or appropriate to enforce and/or verify compliance with any part of this agreement.
- American shall not be liable for delays or failure in performance under this agreement caused by acts of God, war, civil or military authority; riots; accidents; fires; explosions; power surges; earthquakes; floods; droughts; unusually severe weather; work stoppage or slowdown; strikes or labor disputes; sabotage; delays in transportation or delivery; epidemics; pandemics; public health emergency of international concern (as defined by the World Health Organization); terrorism or threats of terrorism; national or regional emergency; acts of government, or any similar or dissimilar event that is beyond American’s control.
- For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in this Agreement shall: (1) require American to operate an Admirals Club at any particular airport location; or (2) restrict American from temporarily or permanently discontinuing the operation of any Admirals Club.
- IN NO CASE SHALL AMERICAN, US AIRWAYS OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR ADMITTANCE TO OR USE OF AN ADMIRALS CLUB LOUNGE OR PARTNER LOUNGE OR FOR ANY OTHER CLAIM RELATED IN ANY WAY THERETO. BY VIRTUE OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU AGREE, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD AMERICAN, US AIRWAYS OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS OR LICENSORS HARMLESS WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF YOUR BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO YOUR ADMITTANCE TO, OR USE OF, AN ADMIRALS CLUB LOUNGE OR PARTNER LOUNGE.
- THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED ACCORDING TO THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS, WITHOUT REGARD TO CONFLICTS OF LAWS PROVISIONS THEREIN AND EXCLUDING THE APPLICATION OF THE UNITED NATIONS CONVENTION ON THE INTERNATIONAL SALE OF GOODS OF 1980. ANY SUIT, ACTION OR PROCEEDING WITH RESPECT TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE BROUGHT IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE STATE OF TEXAS, COUNTY OF TARRANT, OR IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF TEXAS, FORT WORTH DIVISION, AND EACH MEMBER HEREBY SUBMITS, AND IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY OBJECTION THAT SUCH MEMBER MAY NOW OR HEREAFTER HAVE, TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION AND VENUE OF SUCH COURTS FOR THE PURPOSE OF ANY SUCH SUIT, ACTION OR PROCEEDING. EACH MEMBER HEREBY FURTHER IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY CLAIM THAT ANY SUCH SUIT, ACTION OR PROCEEDING BROUGHT IN EITHER SUCH COURT HAS BEEN BROUGHT IN AN INCONVENIENT FORUM.
- This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and American with respect to and governing your Admirals Club membership and your use of Admirals Club lounges, superseding any prior agreements between you and American, US Airways, or any of their predecessors. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions or house rules that may apply when you use affiliate services or Partner Lounges. If any part of this agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed in a manner consistent with applicable law to reflect, as nearly as possible, the original intentions of you and American, and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. American’s failure to enforce any right or provision in this agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such or any other provisions. American shall not be responsible for failures to fulfill any obligations due to causes beyond its control.
*Any exceptions to American's policies must be specifically authorized by Admirals Club management or American Airlines, Inc.
**Terms and Conditions last modified March 29, 2021.